Monday 1 October 2012

Truly Amazing

On the day when my Sunshine 2 class started this year, a student came in and said to me, "Ms Helen, I have been away for the whole summer, I don't remember a thing from last year."
We started the class with the opening song, and we did some review games and played some songs on the keyboards. The boy answered most of the questions, his fingers were moving well and his hands nicely shaped. 

I don't think the boy has lied to me. He had just turned 5 in the summer. The reality is the MYC concepts and skills are like seeds that have been planted in his heart and in his mind, and the seeds are just growing in him without him noticing. 

The other Sunshine 2 students were all showing similar progress. The most amazing growth is their understanding of note value and rhythm. They  can write rhythm stories with almost no parental help, even better and faster than my Sunbeams 2 and Moonbeams 2 students.
It is truly amazing that the MYC program and curriculum can help children of very young age to develop such a good understanding and firm foundation in Music learning. 

Invest and empower your child in the Music journey by enrolling him/her in the program, learn and make Music alongside with your child!

Ms Helen

No comments: