Monday 10 June 2013

Moonbeam 3 Student Wins Prestigious Royal Conservatory Gold Medal for her Grade One Piano Exam Result


The Royal Conservatory of Music has been in operation since 1886, and conducts over 100 000 examinations in 300 communities around the world. For the first time in my musical career (I was a Sunshine 1 student once upon a time), I had the incredible honour of being in attendance for their annual gold medal and accreditation ceremony on Jan. 13, 2013. One of my students, Aparna, accepted the gold medal for the highest mark in Ontario, a mark of 99, for her grade one Royal Conservatory Exam. It was a very special afternoon indeed, one that I know I will cherish for many years to come!

Photo of Aparna and Michelle Fedorowich at the gold medal ceremony in Koerner Hall of the Royal Conservatory of Music, January 2013.



No comments: